Goldtalk Forum  

Go Back   Goldtalk Forum > Major Current Events > Elections
Portal FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2008, 5:43 PM

Irish flu has a spectacular aura aboutIrish flu has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
If the media was so danged liberal, why didn't they take a more critical stance on the Iraq War before it began? If the media was so danged liberal, why has all the juicy gossip about Obama and Clinton been all over the news and not about McCain?

These folks are quick to tag the media as liberal, but they lack the credentials to be tagged "liberal media". They have become worse than the tabloids, they want to carry the title of "media", but they are a bit...a very long bit...shy of the mark these days.
Exactly right. It's the CORPORATE MEDIA. Even NPR leaves out hard-hitting stuff. And the SFChron has only one full time editorial page columnist and she is the conservative Debra J. Saunders, a friend and guest of DG's show.

I rarely, I mean rarely get a letter published in the Chron, some of them were badly needed, trust me. They're only willing to rock the boat so far.
Old 05-16-2008, 5:55 PM

Irish flu has a spectacular aura aboutIrish flu has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

To the question of the moment--What did Barack Obama know and when did he know it?--I answer, Obama knew everything, and he's known it for ages. Far from succumbing to surprise and shock after Jeremiah Wright's disastrous performance at the National Press Club, Barack Obama must have long been aware of his pastor's political radicalism. A careful reading of nearly a year's worth of Trumpet Newsmagazine, Wright's glossy national "lifestyle magazine for the socially conscious," makes it next to impossible to conclude otherwise.

What about patriotism? While many consider Wright's call for God to damn America irredeemable, others might argue that "in context," Wright's prophetic denunciations actually prove his love of country. Unfortunately, neither Wright nor any of the other regular Trumpet columnists displays a trace of this "I'm denouncing you because I love you" stance. Wright, however, rejects the notion that "black racism" is even possible. That is why he prefers the term "white supremacy" to "racism." "Racism," says Wright, is a "slippery" and "nebulous" term, precisely because it seems potentially applicable to blacks and whites alike. The term "white supremacy" solves this problem, and Wright deploys it at every opportunity.
Many blacks deny black racism. They are, of course, wrong.

If Obama insisted on dealing only with blacks who have no flaws, he'd have been a lonely man.

Wright is a small man. As is Sharpton. Obama, and Jesse Jackson for that matter, are a cut above those two.
Old 05-22-2008, 6:21 PM
The Host

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold

The Marxist Roots of Black Liberation Theology
SOURCE
If you don't have lots of soul

Doug Sahm
Old 05-23-2008, 3:47 PM

speaktothesky will become famous soon enough

Didn't catholic priests teach that same "liberation theology" all over central America?
Old 05-31-2008, 5:06 PM

rachel is a jewel in the roughrachel is a jewel in the roughrachel is a jewel in the roughrachel is a jewel in the rough

Guess Bobama's decided that his church is costing him too much.

Quote:
Obama Quits His Church

May 31, 2008 6:24 PM

Jake Tapper, George Stephanopoulos, and Sunlen Miller report: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., today resigned from his controversial church, Trinity United Church of Christ on the South Side of Chicago.

Obama had been in discussions about resigning with his church's new pastor, Rev. Otis Moss before the latest controversy, which involved a longtime friend of Obama's, Father Michael Pfleger, mocking Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, just last Sunday form the church's pulpit, using racially charged language, to the apparent delight of the congregation.

"Rev. Moss, when Hillary was crying, and people said that was put on, I really don't believe it was put on," Pfleger said from the pulpit. "I really believe that she just always thought, 'This is mine! I'm Bill's wife, I'm white, and this is mine! I just gotta get up and step into the plate.' And then out of nowhere came, 'Hey, I'm Barack Obama,' and she said, 'Oh, damn! Where did you come from? I'm white! I'm entitled! There's a black man stealing my show!'

Pfleger then mocked Clinton's tears.

"She wasn't the only one crying, there was a whole lot of white people crying!" Pfleger said to laughter.

After his sermon, Rev. Moss thanked Pfleger: "We thank God for the message, we thank God for the messenger, we thank God for Father Michael Pfleger," Moss said.

Obama's resignation from his church was first reported Saturday evening by CNN.

The previous controversy involving his church involved heated rhetoric from its former pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, whose sermons used incendiary language to discuss the U.S. and race. The controversy prompted Obama to deliver a widely-publicized speech about race and later to condemn Wright.

Sources tell ABC News that Obama felt that as the campaign continued, the media would continue to focus on the church, to the detriment of the church community, that Obama would be held responsible for what happened in the church, and that the Church would be held responsible for his campaign. It would be best, Obama felt, to simply cut ties. He has not yet joined a new church.

As he distanced himself from Wright on April 29, Obama expressed disappointment in how the media maelstrom had intruded on the church.

"When I go church it's not for spectacle, it's to pray and to find to find a stronger sense of faith, it's not to posture politically it's not to, you know, it's not to hear things that violate my core beliefs," he said. "And I certainly don't want to provide a distraction to those who are worshipping at Trinity. As of this point I'm a member. I haven't had a discussion with Rev Moss about it so I can't tell you how he's reacting and how he's responding ... there’s been great damage."

Obama will address the matter this evening at a campaign stop in South Dakota.

Source

Bobama's great at posturing, but if the chips are down for him, he'll throw anyone and anything under the bus. It's something to remember.

"Omnia possum in eo qui me confortat"-Philippians 4
Old 05-31-2008, 8:01 PM
-

pbrauer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel View Post
Bobama's great at posturing, but if the chips are down for him, he'll throw anyone and anything under the bus. It's something to remember.
What about John McCain? He sought the endorsement of Revs. John Hagee and Rod Parsley. And he has thrown them "under the bus" when the "chips were down." Eight years ago John McCain called Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson "agents of intolerance" and last year he came back crawling on his belly like a reptile because he is running for president again. McCain puts his finger in the air to see which way the political winds are blowing.

Pete
Old 05-31-2008, 8:26 PM

rachel is a jewel in the roughrachel is a jewel in the roughrachel is a jewel in the roughrachel is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
He sought the endorsement of Revs. John Hagee and Rod Parsley.
Did he seek it or did they offer it? I haven't seen anything that made that clear. In any case, he didn't attend either of their churches for 20 years, or at all as far as I know. Also, he has not made public statements supporting them, then defending them, and only when it became obvious that they were a liability, forgetting the praise and defense he offered for them scant weeks ago, make new statements of "disappointment", hoping folks would forget that Wright was as an uncle to him and the new guy (whatever his name is, I forget) is a fine young pastor!

I don't really care about McCain, and his opinions about Robinson or Falwell. As far as I know, neither of them were his friends of two decades, his spiritual mentor, or his friend (not to mention being like an uncle to him). Politicos pander all the time, and in case you hadn't noticed, I'm not a huge McCain fan.

But your "Shining One" was supposed to be something new, remember? A breath of fresh air, change, hope, someone above the political muck and mire. Phooey! He's got clay feet with fungus to boot.

Remember, he could no more disown Wright than he could disown his own grandma...how many days/weeks before he disowned Wright??

Old 05-31-2008, 9:50 PM
-

Quote:
Did he seek it or did they offer it? I haven't seen anything that made that clear.
He sought them both so he could make nice with the evangelical right, a constituency he needs in order to win in Nov.
Quote:
In any case, he didn't attend either of their churches for 20 years, or at all as far as I know. Also, he has not made public statements supporting them, then defending them, and only when it became obvious that they were a liability, forgetting the praise and defense he offered for them scant weeks ago, make new statements of "disappointment", hoping folks would forget that Wright was as an uncle to him and the new guy (whatever his name is, I forget) is a fine young pastor!
Fact is there was a poll recently that showed that having a close association to Bush was worse than having a close association to Rev. Wright. Annnnnnnd there were two cases in Mississippi and Lousiana where the GOP played the Wright card against the Democratic candidate and the GOP lost them both.

Quote:
I don't really care about McCain, and his opinions about Robinson or Falwell. As far as I know, neither of them were his friends of two decades, his spiritual mentor, or his friend (not to mention being like an uncle to him). Politicos pander all the time, and in case you hadn't noticed, I'm not a huge McCain fan.

But your "Shining One" was supposed to be something new, remember? A breath of fresh air, change, hope, someone above the political muck and mire. Phooey! He's got clay feet with fungus to boot.

Remember, he could no more disown Wright than he could disown his own grandma...how many days/weeks before he disowned Wright??

Pete
Old 05-31-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
He sought them both so he could make nice with the evangelical right, a constituency he needs in order to win in Nov.
Proof? Links, please.

Quote:
Fact is there was a poll recently that showed that having a close association to Bush was worse than having a close association to Rev. Wright. Annnnnnnd there were two cases in Mississippi and Lousiana where the GOP played the Wright card against the Democratic candidate and the GOP lost them both.
Which has what, exactly, to do with your attempt to create an equivalence between Bobama's two decade history of appreciating, admiring, and adhering to a hateful, racist, anti-American pastor/church and the situation of McCain being offered the endorsement of pastors he barely knew?
Quote:
That's why we just love you lesko, your stunning..absolutely stunning expertise in the art of debate and repartee. Personally, I particularly like the way you resort to your crayons (in the form of cartoons, photos or emoticons) when you feel uncomfortably like you've been cornered.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:01 PM

Osiris has a spectacular aura aboutOsiris has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Proof? Links, please.
Yeah Pete, This just goes to show that Rachel is not always following the news. It was reported rather all over the place Rachel. I heard it on the radio on the way home from work. I heard on the TV while eating dinner. I read it/watched it online after dinner.

Here Rachel, I'll start you out on this one. If you want more, I can post the entire search results for ya. BTW, it began on May 22. Seems that you're a bit behind the times here.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...e-endorsement/
Old 05-31-2008, 11:46 PM
-

Quote:
Proof? Links, please.
Mr. McCain has been courting Christian conservatives after attacking them eight years ago as “agents of intolerance.” At a speech last year before Mr. Hagee’s Christians United for Israel, he thanked Mr. Hagee for his “spiritual guidance to politicians like me” and said, “It’s hard to do the Lord’s work in the city of Satan.”
Why not listen to something other that RW radio once in a while. You might just learn something.

Quote:
Which has what, exactly, to do with your attempt to create an equivalence between Bobama's two decade history of appreciating, admiring, and adhering to a hateful, racist, anti-American pastor/church and the situation of McCain being offered the endorsement of pastors he barely knew?
Please show me where Barack Obama is a racist, Rachel. Seems to me that if you call him a racist, you must have some proof that he is one. Otherwise, maybe it's you that is the racist.

Quote:
That's why we just love you lesko, your stunning..absolutely stunning expertise in the art of debate and repartee. Personally, I particularly like the way you resort to your crayons (in the form of cartoons, photos or emoticons) when you feel uncomfortably like you've been cornered.
I'm cornered, Rachel? No, no, no you've got that wrong. You can go on and on about your opinion of Barack Obama did for twenty years in the church. But in the end you have no idea and it's still just your opinion and that's why you got the

BTW, thanks for the love.

Pete
Old 06-01-2008, 12:10 AM
-

March 23, 2008
Questions for the Rev. John Hagee
Megaminister

Interview by DEBORAH SOLOMON
As a prominent evangelical pastor based in San Antonio, you were recently catapulted into national controversy when you endorsed Senator John McCain for president. Is it true that McCain actively sought your endorsement? It’s true that McCain’s campaign sought my endorsement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/23/ma...wwln-q4-t.html

Pete
Old 06-01-2008, 2:01 AM

Nightpath will become famous soon enough

Oh, that is a reliable source.

INTERVIEW CONDUCTED, CONDENSED AND EDITED BY DEBORAH SOLOMON

Even the liberal Huffington Post questions her credibility…

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/1...r_n_66969.html
Old 06-01-2008, 8:02 AM

Quote:
Why not listen to something other that RW radio once in a while. You might just learn something.
Why don't you read what people write once in a while, you might just learn how to answer the questions they actually ask you.

You said McCain actively sought out both Hagee and Parsley, specifically. I asked you for proof/links about that, not about him trying to mend fences with evangelical Christians as a whole.

So to back up your claim that McCain actively sought the endorsement of both Hagee and Parsley, all you can come up with is one line in an interview where Hagee corrects the interviewer, saying that McCains campaign sought his endorsement.

Pretty weak.
Quote:
Please show me where Barack Obama is a racist, Rachel. Seems to me that if you call him a racist, you must have some proof that he is one. Otherwise, maybe it's you that is the racist.
Same old libbie smear tactics. Where have I ever said that Bobama is a racist? I have no idea whether or not he is a racist, as I cannot see into his heart, but I rather suspect he isn't. So, having made that clear, perhaps you can stop trying to deflect my question by calling me a racist, and just answer it?

As for being cornered, yes, you are. You aren't stupid enough not to realize at this point that your Shining One has feet of clay, that he isn't the angelic harbinger of Hope and Change, riding his stalwart charger into battle with the Old and leading in the New...he's just another politician, pandering where he needs to, throwing people under the bus when it's clear he must after making a show of support, and whining about how unfair it is to question him on anything. But, libbie-like, you are incapable of admitting your candidate's flaws (and for that matter, an opposing candidate's strengths), but must maintain the display of mine good, yours bad to the end.

Old 06-03-2008, 5:53 PM

speaktothesky will become famous soon enough

Pete, come back when you really got something, eh.
Old 11-13-2008, 7:15 PM
The Host

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold

A day late and a dollar short. Still a good look at the lies.

SOURCE

Doug Sahm
Old 04-09-2012, 8:29 PM
The Host

Look who is back. Haven't heard from Rev. Wright in a long time. He's still a radical.

Rev. Wright Unleashed: ‘White Supremacy’ Drives ‘World Policy,’ Allah & Yahweh Are the ‘Same’…and Clarence Thomas Is Worshipping ‘Some Other God’

SOURCE

Doug Sahm
Old 01-21-2014, 11:31 AM
The Host

Pastor likens faction of Tea Party to 'lynch mob'

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright made comments at King Day event.

SOURCE

Doug Sahm
Old 01-21-2014, 8:33 PM

MadInMarin has a spectacular aura aboutMadInMarin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Pastor likens faction of Tea Party to 'lynch mob'

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright made comments at King Day event.

SOURCE
Theresa Garcia, executive director of the 9/12 Delaware Patriots, said Wright's comments "were not even worth responding to."

Id beg to differ with her. this foul fraud needs to be shamed for his comments.

pastor? sure....