Goldtalk Forum  

Go Back   Goldtalk Forum > News and Politics > Politics
Portal FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 3:23 PM
The Host

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold
Default Wisconsin Recall Election

Is a big deal. This is a clear referendum on the pros and cons of big government. May be a harbinger of Fall election. Here we have a Dem poll showing Gov. Walker is in good shape.
A new Public Policy Polling poll in Wisconsin shows that neither of the main Democratic challengers to Gov. Scott Walker are leading him — Walker holds a 5-point lead over Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and a 7-point lead over labor-backed former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk.
SOURCE
If you don't have lots of soul

Doug Sahm
Old 05-09-2012, 6:52 AM
Tom Bean, TX

schaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud of

SOURCE
Quote:
Tuesday was a bad night for the labor movement. In Wisconsin, with only token opposition, incumbent Gov. Scott Walker got 97 percent of the vote in the Republican primary, and almost as many votes were cast for him than in the entire Democratic primary combined. This is a bad sign for Democrats. The percentage of the vote Walker received seemed more appropriate for Mugabe than the former county executive of Milwaukee.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:16 AM

jtdc is a splendid one to beholdjtdc is a splendid one to beholdjtdc is a splendid one to beholdjtdc is a splendid one to beholdjtdc is a splendid one to beholdjtdc is a splendid one to behold

Has Trumpka showed up at the WH asking for help yet?
Old 05-14-2012, 12:20 PM
The Host

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold

Walker up 9 pts, 52-43 in a Milwaukee Journal poll. It's coming apart for the Dems and their unions.

Doug Sahm
Old 05-14-2012, 3:49 PM
-

GeronL is a jewel in the roughGeronL is a jewel in the roughGeronL is a jewel in the rough

Good. Maybe they saw how messed up France, Greece and other countries are becoming?
Old 05-15-2012, 11:03 PM
The Host

New Daily Kos/PPP poll: Walker 50%, Barrett 45%

Doug Sahm
Old 05-15-2012, 11:24 PM
The Host

Great news: Intrade speculators place @govwalker's chance of winning recall at 80%

Doug Sahm
Old 05-16-2012, 1:13 PM
The Host

Notice how mainstream media has abandoned this recall race as the DNC pulls out and four polls have Walker at 50%.

Doug Sahm
Old 05-16-2012, 1:54 PM
Regular Guy

FoundingFather has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Notice how mainstream media has abandoned this recall race as the DNC pulls out and four polls have Walker at 50%.
They abandon every issue after they've milked it for what they can. That's what Obama is going to do every week or so until the election.

We've gone from "recall", to "war on woman", to "Trayvon", to "dog on car roof", to "Romney giving gay boy a haircut 47 years ago" to ....I'm sure that I missed half a dozen or more, but they all last anywhere from a week to a month, and all designed to keep John Q. Public from noticing the economy.
Old 05-16-2012, 8:37 PM

BRamey is a jewel in the roughBRamey is a jewel in the roughBRamey is a jewel in the roughBRamey is a jewel in the rough

It is typical of the liberal media. Something happens they don't like, they pretend it didn't happen. They have only been doing this the past 40 years. Walker wins and if forced to report it, it will somehow by spun it is a win for Obama.
Old 05-16-2012, 9:47 PM
Regular Guy

FoundingFather has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRamey View Post
It is typical of the liberal media. Something happens they don't like, they pretend it didn't happen. They have only been doing this the past 40 years. Walker wins and if forced to report it, it will somehow by spun it is a win for Obama.
There will be a poll somewhere which says that most people hate Walker and/or hate what he's doing, and since liberals considers polls more conclusive than actual elections, that will be a win for big government--->Barack Obama. I wish I was joking....
Old 05-19-2012, 3:35 PM
The Host

Wisconsin recall slipping away from Democrats
Posted by Aaron Blake at 03:14 PM ET, 05/18/2012

Just two and a half weeks remain in the recall of Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R), and momentum seems to be firmly on the GOP’s side.
SOURCE

Doug Sahm
Old 05-19-2012, 9:25 PM
The Host

Jonah Goldberg ‏@JonahNRO

Maybe it's me, but the declining national coverage of Wisconsin race seems to confirm exactly what a BFD it is.

Doug Sahm
Old 05-19-2012, 9:31 PM
The Host

Stephen Hayes ‏@stephenfhayes

Wow. MKE Journal-Sentinel endorses Scott Walker. Walker told me Monday he didn't think they'd endorse

Doug Sahm
Old 05-20-2012, 7:38 AM

BRamey is a jewel in the roughBRamey is a jewel in the roughBRamey is a jewel in the roughBRamey is a jewel in the rough

This just keeps showing what I have stated for years now. The liberal media had total control of all media for decades and look at how they either under report or ignore stories outright that do not help their agenda and spreading what they want to brainwash the masses with. They tried to get Walker ousted and from the looks, it didn't work, so now they will pretend nothing is happening in WI.
Old 05-20-2012, 8:35 AM
Super Moderator

dcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud of

Yes, the media only wants to report positive stories about Democrats and negative stories about Republicans. They are going to run out of things to report on this November. Oh wait, they'll try to spin this as some kind of positive news for Democrats no matter how stupid it will sound.

Last edited by dcannady : 05-20-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Misspelled word.
Old 05-20-2012, 8:46 AM
Abby Normal

redhead will become famous soon enoughredhead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Jonah Goldberg ‏@JonahNRO

Maybe it's me, but the declining national coverage of Wisconsin race seems to confirm exactly what a BFD it is.
I have a couple of friends (husband and wife) from my distant past that I've connected with on Facebook. They both call themselves Progressives, and the husband is very pro-union. He sent me a link to a FB app regarding the Walker recall. I declined. He is of course very much for the recall, even though he lives in Washington state. I've noticed he's been very, very quiet about it for the past few months.
Old 05-21-2012, 9:21 PM
The Host

Democrats are dreading a Wisconsin wipeout
By Jennifer Rubin

Given current polling, it is not surprising that Democrats in Wisconsin are freaking out. The Wall Street Journal reports: “With little more than two weeks until Wisconsin’s gubernatorial recall election, some Democratic and union officials quietly are expressing fears that they have picked a fight they won’t win and that could leave lingering injuries.” No one is bothering to claim a Scott Walker victory would be insignificant:
SOURCE

Doug Sahm
Old 05-22-2012, 3:46 PM
The Host

Coveted young voters could be hard to come by when Wisconsin recall election rolls around

SOURCE

Doug Sahm
Old 05-22-2012, 10:26 PM
The Host

If Wisconsin turns into the Left’s Waterloo two weeks from today, Mitt Romney’s campaign may take a fresh look at making it Barack Obama’s as well. The Wall Street Journal analyzes the impact that a defeat in the Badger State will have on Democrats and the unions, and the new talk of Wisconsin being the kind of swing state that could decide this election:
SOURCE

Doug Sahm