Goldtalk Forum  

Go Back   Goldtalk Forum > News and Politics > Politicians and Other People
Portal FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 12:18 PM
The Host

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold

Ted Cruz has been endorsed by Rand, Palin and now Santorum.
If you don't have lots of soul

Doug Sahm
Old 05-26-2012, 12:24 PM
The Host

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold

Breitbart Is Here: Late Conservative Hero Admired Ted Cruz's Fighting Spirit

SOURCE

Doug Sahm
Old 05-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Regular Guy

FoundingFather has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Breitbart Is Here: Late Conservative Hero Admired Ted Cruz's Fighting Spirit

SOURCE
"one of my favorite pastimes is scheming to defeat leftists - Cruz

Haha! Love it!
Old 05-29-2012, 4:29 PM
The Host

Texas primary: Does Ted Cruz have a shot?

SOURCE

Doug Sahm
Old 05-29-2012, 9:31 PM
The Host

Michelle Malkin ‏

RT @JimDeMint: Congratulations to @tedcruz for advancing to the run-off in Texas. This is a major victory for conservatives.

Doug Sahm
Old 06-03-2012, 2:39 PM
The Host

I think it is just ridiculous for Dewhurst to make a big deal that Ted Cruz gets money and endorsements from out of state. The Tea Party is united behind Cruz. Dewhurst the "establishment" candidate. Rick Perry picking fights with Tea Party and assorted other conservatives. DMN

Dewhurst out to vilify Cruz for support from outside groups

But the lieutenant governor’s case is complicated by his own support from super PACs, some funded by billionaires.

Doug Sahm
Old 06-03-2012, 10:09 PM

Rafael has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Ted Cruz has been endorsed by Rand, Palin and now Santorum.
And me!
Old 06-04-2012, 7:17 AM
Tom Bean, TX

schaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud of

Just now listening to Dewhurst with Mark Davis - first thing out of his mouth blaming as protest votes those who voted for someone other than Romney in the primary. Sir - it was a primary and these voters were expressing their first choice more as a message to the nominee and not as a protest. Second item - complaining about the outside ads of Cruz. I listen to a lot of ads and I heard none of these ads. Now listening basically to Dewhurst continuing the attacks. Sorry sir but you are not my choice.
Old 06-04-2012, 9:26 AM
Founding Member!

Mad_Dog is a name known to allMad_Dog is a name known to allMad_Dog is a name known to allMad_Dog is a name known to allMad_Dog is a name known to allMad_Dog is a name known to all

The message is correct; we shouldn't have any out-of-state funding or influences being placed on internal state politics. We Texans are electing a US Senator to represent our states interests, not the interests of Pennsylvania, California or anyone else.

However, these messengers are horrible. Dewhurst is more than happy to take outside money for his state-wide campaign; Perry the same. For these guys, outside influences are bad, bad, bad... unless it helps them. In which case it's a really good thing.

Blame the messenger, not the message.
Old 06-07-2012, 6:21 PM
Tom Bean, TX

schaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud of

Was at the TX GOP State Convention (delegate this year) and Governor Perry was delivering a very good Texas red meat speech but then - paraphrasing - we need to send more conservatives to Washington like my friend David Dewhurst. The booing lasted several minutes. I estimated that the split at the convention was 80-20 Cruz based on stickers worn.
Old 06-15-2012, 3:39 PM
The Host

SAN ANTONIO -- Two debates between Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst and former Texas Solicitor General Ted Cruz may be all Texas Republican primary voters get before the July 31 runoff election.

Both GOP candidates for U.S. Senate say they are open to scheduling more debates, but Cruz's campaign says Dewhurst is doing everything possible to avoid other offers.

Both candidates have accepted invitations to two debates in Dallas, one on June 22 hosted by PBS affiliate KERA. the other on July 17 hosted by WFAA/Channel 8 in Dallas. The Texas Tribune is a media partner for the KERA debate.
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/06...#storylink=cpy

Doug Sahm
Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 PM
The Host

Ted Cruz calls Obama's back-door amnesty "cravenly political, lawless, and wrong"

SOURCE

Doug Sahm
Old 06-23-2012, 2:20 PM
The Host

DALLAS — Bitter rivals vying for Texas' Republican U.S. Senate nomination traded a few barbs during a televised debate Friday, but they largely agreed on the key issues, including illegal immigration, health care reform and foreign policy.
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/06...#storylink=cpy

Doug Sahm
Old 07-02-2012, 1:22 PM
The Host

Rep. Michael Burgess (R-Tx) endorses Ted Cruz this morning on Mark Davis show.

Doug Sahm
Old 07-02-2012, 2:14 PM
Tom Bean, TX

The SCOTUS may have helped him the most - I don't know if it is enough.
The GOP may be inadvertently helping him. My wife is normally an election judge in or precinct. She learned that to save money on the run off, many precincts will be combined (for example, my precinct will not be in my home town but moved to the county courthouse). Now how does that help Cruz? I believe that the tea-party types will make the effort to get to the voting location. I don't think there is as much enthusiasm for Dewhurst to have people travel the extra miles. A low turn out with tea-party enthusiasm boiling after SCOTUS can only help.
Old 07-06-2012, 2:40 PM
The Host

Cruz leadin Dewhurst 49-41.

Doug Sahm
Old 07-06-2012, 8:24 PM
Tom Bean, TX

Careful on those polling numbers - internal polling doesn't necessarily translate well. However, I do believe he may have gotten a substantial bounce after the SCOTUS ruling based on recent donation money.
Old 07-10-2012, 2:29 PM
The Host

US Senate Race: Can passion push Cruz to victory?

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/07...#storylink=cpy

Doug Sahm
Old 07-12-2012, 12:28 AM
The Host

Dewhurst Up 8 Points in New Internal Poll
By Katrina Trinko
July 11, 2012 12:43 P.M.

National Journal reports:

Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst has a lead in his runoff campaign against former state Solicitor General Ted Cruz, according to a poll obtained by Hotline on Call that was conducted last week for Dewhurst’s Senate campaign. The survey of 601 likely Republican primary runoff voters shows Dewhurst leading Cruz, 50 percent to 42 percent.

The Dewhurst internal poll was conducted July 5 through July 8 by Baselice & Associates, a well-known Texas polling outfit. The poll has a margin of error of plus-or-minus 4 percentage points.

The Cruz campaign announced last week their internal poll showed Cruz leading by 9 points, 49 percent to Dewhurst’s 40 percent.

Doug Sahm
Old 07-12-2012, 5:59 AM
Tom Bean, TX

Tells me that
a) the race is close - probably 51-49 Dewhurst if I was betting right now BUT
b) Turnout / enthusiasm - everything I hear and see suggests this favors Cruz
c) Latest "issue" involving Dewhurst is the apparent cleansing of state website of some of his speeches. This actually has made news outlet and not just campaign rhetoric. Ouch - doesn't play well for Dewhurst
d) Polling places - not all precincts will have physical polls - many will require travel elsewhere (I still don't know where I am voting on 31 July yet!). This probably favors Cruz as he appears to have the voters who will "crawl over broken glass" to vote.