Goldtalk Forum  

Go Back   Goldtalk Forum > News and Politics > Free-For-All
Portal FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Free-For-All Discuss miscellaneous issues and events.

Old 09-15-2011, 3:08 AM
Rage against The Machine

Bemused is a name known to allBemused is a name known to allBemused is a name known to allBemused is a name known to allBemused is a name known to allBemused is a name known to all

And so the topic gets away from the corruption of the political process by the largess of those fictious individuals called unions and advocacy groups (ACORN, MoveOn, etc) and yes businesses (like GM and GE etc)

Between a SCOTUS decision that corporations are people and by extension have all of the same constitutional rights as flesh and blood people, and a series of laws passed by congress that quite frankly encourage those fictitious people to offer up their bribes, as well as cultivate a culture among those in office of expecting those bribes the net result is that ordinary people, real people find themselves crowded out of the process. Oh, the politicians make a show of those town meetings, but who gets in? And does anyone without a suitcase full of money, metaphorically speaking, ever get to talk to their elected resp, even by phone? Small business owners? Do they get access?

As for the theory that all we have to do is elect better quality reps, I put it out there that under the current system and culture, there arent any.

Well, China's poised to take us over. Maybe it will be better under them.
Old 09-15-2011, 5:44 AM
Tom Bean, TX

schaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud ofschaabdl has much to be proud of

I am only one but I have indeed talked directly with my representatives from local, state, and national levels. It may take a little effort. BTW - SCOTUS decision based on the 1st Amendment - right to assemble, meaning it didn't restrict this to a group on the street corner but you can be a group of people with a common interest (the very definition of corporations, unions, etc.) And those other entitles - hardly fictitious.
Old 11-08-2011, 9:42 PM
The Host

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold

More crony capitalism. This time for the Christmas Tree industry.

SOURCE
If you don't have lots of soul

Doug Sahm
Old 01-15-2012, 5:22 PM
The Host

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold

Obama's model: Cronyism and corporate welfare

SOURCE
If you don't have lots of soul

Doug Sahm
Old 01-15-2012, 5:39 PM
Super Moderator

dcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud ofdcannady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Obama's model: Cronyism and corporate welfare

SOURCE
This is how he intends to take over the economy. Every "public/private" initiative that was ever devised is just another step toward a state run centrally planned economy. We've got to take drastic action now and keep at it relentlessly.
Old 01-16-2012, 2:43 PM
Rage against The Machine

Bemused is a name known to allBemused is a name known to allBemused is a name known to allBemused is a name known to allBemused is a name known to allBemused is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcannady View Post
This is how he intends to take over the economy. Every "public/private" initiative that was ever devised is just another step toward a state run centrally planned economy. We've got to take drastic action now and keep at it relentlessly.

1970 - Nixon bails out Lockheed

1978-79 Carter bails out Chrysler\

late 80's - Reagan bails out the entire savings & loan industry

late 90's - Clinton bails out Long Term Capital Management

2008 - Bush (not Obama) bails out the money center banks and AIG

2009 - Obama bails out GM and shovels more money to the money center banks

Seems to me we've been headed this way for quite a few years. Why are we surprised? Especially since more and more companies (GE, for example) continue to lobby for more goodies paid for by taxpayers.
Dr. Lanning's Hologram: The Three Laws will lead to only one logical outcome.
Detective Del Spooner: What outcome?
Dr. Lanning's Hologram: Revolution.
Detective Del Spooner: Whose revolution?
Dr. Lanning's Hologram: [Smiles] That, detective, is the right question. Program terminated.